Whenever I cook something, I like to explore ways to improve the recipe to make it tastes better, experimenting with different adjustments until I’m fully satisfied. The recipes in this blog are all the dishes I like that are time-tested.
Our must-try recipes -- a great place to start if you're new to Cooking in Chinglish and need some recommendations for where to begin!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Taiwanese Popcorn Chicken Flavor)
- Pearl Meatball with Pork, Tofu and Shrimp (珍珠丸子)
- 3 Ingredient Easy Homemade Boba Tapioca Pearl - With brown sugar milk
- Best Taiwanese Minced Pork (Lu Rou Fan)
- Mom's Famous Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup (with Restaurant's Secret Tip)
- Crispy and Flaky Chinese Scallion Pancake (蔥油餅)
- Butternut Squash Milk Bread Rolls ( Soft Dinner Rolls ) - Egg Free
- Butternut Squash Mei Fun (Taiwanese Style Chow Mei Fun)
- Taiwanese Scallion Shaobing (baked sesame flat bread with scallion filling)
- Taiwanese Minced Pork with Pickled Cucumber Over Rice (gua zi rou 瓜仔肉)
- Pineapple Bun (Taiwanese Style) 台式菠蘿麵包 - Using Tanzhong Method
- Castella Pancake (Baked Japanese Souffle Pancake)
Looking for something ?
Find Recipes For
Bread & Bun
Asian breads and buns are my specialty. Try these recipes to make some baked goods that are better than what you can get at an Asian bakery.
- Healthier Cardamon Cinnamon Rolls
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Pineapple bun (Melonpan/Bolo bao)
- Bunny sausage Bun
- Taiwanese Bao Buns Recipe
- Easy Scallion Garlic Parmesan Roll - Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy inside
- Sauerkraut and Pork Steamed Buns (Baozi 包子) - Fluffy Steamed Buns with Savory and Juicy Filling
Authentic Taiwanese flavors and recipes to make in your own home, even if you're half way across the globe!
- Instant Pot Three Cup Chicken (with chicken drumsticks)
- Taiwanese Cold Noodles with Sesame Dressing (Liang Mian)
- Taiwanese Pork Chops - Pan-Fried
- Taiwanese Thick Soy Sauce (醬油膏)
- How to Make Taiwanese Style Milk Tea (For Boba, Bubble Tea)
- Taiwanese Hand Torn Noodle Soup (台灣麵疙瘩) - Easy and Flavorful One Pot Noodle Soup
Whether you're too busy, too tired, short on time, or just want a good meal without all the fuss -- these recipes have got you covered.